August 8, 2010

Craved for Malacca's Food

Finally..
I got to eat this - Malacca most famous stall specially for cockles' lover!
Once's introduced by Taste with Jason - 阿贤人情味 and also chi (one of my friends)..
she introduced this place to me long ago but i always forgot to have a try there..
and also a reason of not going there is because.. 
my mom and aunt keep telling us that this place "was" dirty..
because it was located besides drains and it "was" dark..
I always doubted whether their foods hygiene or not?
However, surprisingly, the place is now cleaner than before 
At least I didn't throw out after gone back home.
and according to what my mom said the place is a lot brighter than before.
I guess what she said about the place was 10 years ago! @@


The signboard for the proof that Jason was here before.
 The stall's boss and Jason.
This is the boss of the stall.
Notice his arm?
According to my mom ,the people there called him as "one arm sword man"
This is because he got only one arm. Reason unknown.
But still, he is able to made their secret recipe source with his only one arm.
Their secret recipe's source.
Tasted sweet and a bit sour. Got a little bit of chili plus a bit of blended peanuts.
This source was great.
It won't taste too sweet like other normal sweet soy source that we normally used at home.
The taste is a bit special. Maybe is because of their secret chili source recipe but it won't taste too spicy either. It was perfect. :)
The source is normally used to add with this cockles.
The not-too-boiled cockles were perfect with the source.
They have also additional dish like sotong kangkong
which are boiled kang kong and sotong mixed with their special made sweet source.
And also another side dish of the stall which called as 五香
it just like any other hawker stall's 五香.
I think this is provided in the stall just for an extra dish for their customers.

These two dishes tasted great too but I still somehow prefer the tradition dish of theirs which is their very famous cockles plus their secret source.
20 cockles in a plate.. seriously, it was not enough for me.
There were a lot of customers enjoyed sitting on those small unstable chairs craving for those small but tasted-so-good cockles and of course the side dishes too.
The chairs seriously were not comfortable for old-aged people like my mom.
She claimed that the chairs kept goyang here and there..
but it's still ok for me because I like the way people sitting like this eating cockles.
I mean this is the style of this stall where people clutch in a small place enjoying the same thing..
this is the style for the stall i think..
Besides,
we ordered a takeaway fried carrot cake.
This was also one of the famous food in Malacca too.
The fried carrot cake was tasted so nice compare to Bukit Baru's
I would definitely come for this again..
I like the source besides the cakes
and the special of this fried carrot cake is that it got more eggs instead of the cakes.
see the pictures? eggs cover all over the cakes. I'm a fan of eggs. :)

After a delightful supper, we headed to Jonker for friends' gathering.
It was a great Saturday I can say with those yummy foods accompany you.
Life can't be worst when it came with delicious foods. :)

-end-

1 comment:

Onion said...

The ngoh hiang looks yummy :)